Sunday, September 30, 2012
Spent some time at Gryfalias Aerie In Bloomington, illinois and saw alot of action going on. If your in the area and have a friday night free come join in for a game plenty of room with 5 tables in the back! A big 2k vs 2k battle and 2 team tournament games. Lots of attention Friday night with everyone showing 10+ people! http://gryfaliasaerie.com/forums/index.php
Saturday, September 22, 2012
Thought I'd throw up some images of the finished destroyers and/or hellcannon. The bases are made out of subfloor leftover from a bathroom project. The destroyer itself is a mcfarlene gemini model broken in half. I had to break the arms and reposition them, then pin them to 4x6 base. The quark is the same used on the other bases. Green stuff was used for the blue flames in the lava and joints. Different camera settings were used so I'll just throw all images in.
Sunday, September 16, 2012
Initial ideas behind my kdaii are demons or giant wormlike creatures breaking out of the ground. The paint scheme will hopefully tie in with the rest of the army and go something like a red body, bluish inards, and flesh gums. The ground is meant to be breaking beneath them hopefully that comes out better with a paint job and matching movement trays.
Thursday, September 13, 2012
The following two images are unit fillers and unit markings like banner and shields. All are done with a matching color scheme and blue fire to tie in with the overall theme. The palaquin carried by 3 goblins can carry a unit champion or daemonsmith...
Saturday, September 8, 2012
I started out with a 16x20 board cut to fit a picture frame. I then set the units where I thought they would naturally go on a battle-line. With a limited space and trying to fit one piece of terrain I found myself squeezing everything in on all sides. After finally realizing it may not all fit, especially at 3,000 points I just set them on the board. The first photo shows several units being in place and movement trays being covered by foil, otherwise my models minds might be read.
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Well the Chaos Dwarfs did pretty well. I did mostly have to corner deploy and slow my enemies down. I had plenty of variety with 3 all new armies pitted against the poor yard gnomes; Skaven, Ogre Kingdoms, and Wood Elves. At 1600 points I was able to fit in 2 Daemonsmiths casters one metal and one fire, and Khan, 25 Hobgoblins, 20 Infernal Guard, 2 Death Shriekers, 1 Magma Cannon, 3 Bull Centaurs, and 1 Hellbound Iron Daemon.
Monday, September 3, 2012
These guys are all converted from old Ogres and a Dragon Ogre torso I think. The midsections are put together with double pins and greenstuffed. Then skulls were pushed into the abdomen and chains wrapped around them. Shields and a banner still need to be painted, but are assembled and primed. The dragon ogre torso had a missing right arm so I needed to pin and green stuff an ogre arm in its place and then add a shoulder pad. Of course the heads are from the Chaos knight box set and the bases are 50mmx75mm and painted to match the army.
Sunday, September 2, 2012
The first daemonsmith is on a temporary base but turned out well. The base on all of them was started with old foundation red and work up to the new blood red. skin tone is a mix of tallarn flesh - devlon mudd - T flesh - Ogryn flesh - tallarn flesh then tallarn flesh/elf flesh then nuln oil in the deepest cracks. The skulls were all pinned and added. The leather was all snakebite leather with devlon mudd wash then rehighlighted up with SB leather to bleash bone