Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Battle Report: Chaos Dwarfs

Well the Chaos Dwarfs did pretty well. I did mostly have to corner deploy and slow my enemies down. I had plenty of variety with 3 all new armies pitted against the poor yard gnomes; Skaven, Ogre Kingdoms, and Wood Elves. At 1600 points I was able to fit in 2 Daemonsmiths casters one metal and one fire, and Khan, 25 Hobgoblins, 20 Infernal Guard, 2 Death Shriekers, 1 Magma Cannon, 3 Bull Centaurs, and 1 Hellbound Iron Daemon.
The war machines did pretty well and served to kill individual characters, war machines, and large monsters while the magic support picked away at my enemies to. The Hellbound Tank served to both shoot threats before they charged and counter charge enemies who were within range.
This was Game 1 turn 5 against Skaven. Everything had fled or was beaten in close combat. With the large template from 2 death shriekers I was able to hit every round in the first 3 turns. Dawn Attack scenario helped also because i was able to deploy deeper. Unfortunately, the magma cannon only shot once and killed a few rats. The death shriekers were deff. spot on game 1. This ended up in a 23-3 win with all battle points achieved. -----------------------
Fought Ryan Golemans African Ogres Game 2. This one I had to corner deploy again. My magma cannon was able to kill 2 Mournfangs turn 1 and 1 turn 2 which neutered them. His large monster did get a charge off on my Infernal guard but not before taking 4 wounds from shooting, turns 1-3, and then napath bombs wounding twice killing him. Second best moment was Bull Centaurs taking on 6 Ogre Bulls for 1.5 rounds of combat and finally winning. The best roll of the game was when his Ironguts, Firebelly and BSB charged my hobgoblins, which I purposefully moved up, killing 20 on the charge and me rolling snake eyes. When Time was called I had a 600 point victory. ------------------- Game 3 Versus Wood Elves Turn 1
Game 3 versus Wood Elves, James Hyde. Again I had to corner deploy and castle its the only way to legitimately play a shooting army anymore. So my Bull Centaurs got led around a while but did kill off dryads and archers. The Irondemon was a little confused in the center but turned towards the right flank after awhile. My war machines pounded the T3 elves and eventually killed his BSB, Mage and Archer block behind the Treekin. The Treekin took a hit from seering doom and Final Transmutation on turn 2 which gave me a break forcing him to charge on turn 3.
After his treekin charge my Infernal guard they broke 1.5 turns later. The Daemonsmiths are kind of touch but not touch enough against treekin. I did have enough other stuff killed though and the wood elves only had 1 unit of treekin and a great eagle on the table left.

No comments:

Post a Comment