Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ogres getting Beat!



So I played a game versus a friend recently.  It was 2200 pts getting ready for a local event.  The first time in December I beat the guy and still had fun.  The second time I got beat and had more fun.  He has since learned to get off key spells like the Toughness spell in Lore of Life making Men at arms very effective.  I bounced two units of his M@A unit in the most recent game giving him to to swing a lance around and gain an edge on a flank.  I took my standard list up to this point - Lvl4 SM, BSB, 12 Bulls +HW and FC, 5 Ironguts, 3 Sabretusks, 10 gnoblars, 6 LB, 2x2 Mounted Cats, and an ironblaster.

Ryan the Bret player took 2x11 knights of the realm, 1x11 grail knights, 2x25 men at arms, and a fighty character for each lance.  Then a level 4 and a level 2 to get the complete set of lore of life.  We played dawn attack and Ryan had enough turns and high enough movement to out maneuver me.... sigh...

This picture was his grail unit smashing through my bulls on turn 4 causing 10 wounds without any characters swinging.  That unit needed to go away turn 1.  And the Men At arms went through a 1 unit of Thundercats and 5 ironguts with the boosted toughness spell I counldn't stop...
Turn 4 ugh...






No comments:

Post a Comment